Start a Thread

Thresholds for Property Appraisals

The City of Knoxville requires a formal appraisal to be completed on City owned surplus “real property” when the property is believed to be worth more than $1,000.  This ordinance has been in place for many years and we are considering raising the $1,000 threshold because the cost of the appraisal for low value property can cost almost as much as the property itself sells for.  With this in mind, I am wanting to know: What do other governmental entities use as their threshold for requiring an appraisal to be done on surplus property before the property can be sold?   I am late in getting this question sent out as I meet with some members of top management about this subject on Thursday so please email me any info you may have that will help me prepare for the meeting.

BOYCE H. EVANS
Purchasing Agent
City of Knoxville
865-215-2069
Email: bhevans@knoxvilletn.gov

Read More

Electronic Sign Repair

My Health Department has an electronic sign that is in need of repair, the company that we were using has gone out of business. Does anyone know of a company that performs this service? If so, please send me their name, telephone number and contact name.

Thanks,
Pamela Cotham
pcotham@andersontn.org

Read More

ATM

Has anyone ever done a bid for ATM machine/services to include installation before? I am looking for specifications. Thanks!

David Griffin
dgriffin@ktnpba.org

Read More