NIGP: Call for Individual Award Nominations due March 20
Mar. 4, 2020
Call for Individual Award Nominations
Submissions due March 20
It's Procurement Month, the perfect time to recognize and nominate that special colleague who goes above and beyond. Self-nominations also accepted - don't be shy...submit your nominations today.
NIGP is proud to present these prestigious awards to deserving members:
Albert H. Hall Memorial Award - NIGP's highest award named in honor of NIGP's founder, Albert H. Hall. Professionals receiving the Albert H. Hall Memorial Award also earn the designation of ‘Fellow of NIGP’ or FNIGP.
- Demonstrates innovation in changing procurement concepts and procedures
- Involved with other levels of government in public procurement programs and objectives
- A Career public procurement official and active leader in public procurement organizations
Distinguished Service Award (DSA)
- Demonstrates an original and innovative resolution to a critical procurement issue
- Contributes to an outstanding effort which benefited either NIGP or their organization
- Credits NIGP and/or their organization with exceptional contributions to the procurement field or their community
Anne Deatherage Meritorious Service Award
- Contributes to committees organized by NIGP and/or a NIGP Chapter
- Demonstrates exceptional leadership within NIGP governance, a NIGP Chapter affiliate and/or a NIGP strategic partner over an extended period of time
- Made specific, individual contributions to public procurement that have made a difference in enhancing the quality, relevancy, recognition or value of the profession.
Manager of the Year
- Demonstrates supervisory or management responsibilities and is responsible for the overall procurement/material management activities in a specific governmental entity which includes the supervision of procurement personnel and/or the display of executive abilities involving economic/financial, technical, statistical, legal, and administrative attributes.
Buyer of the Year
- Demonstrates excellence in determining the customer requirements, reviewing specifications and requirements, developing and issuing bids, evaluating offers and selecting the vendor, arriving at fair and reasonable price and terms, preparing the contract or purchase order, vendor relations, following up to ensure timely delivery, shipping/receiving, inventory and warehousing, and contract administration provisions.
Please submit the Individual Award Nomination Form by Friday, March 20.
Thank you and Happy Procurement Month!